Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Million Updates

Well, IVF just got real, and you know what, we might actually be able to pull this off.  All I've wanted for Christmas since 2012 was to be pregnant.

Retrieval Monday, and it was ROUGH.  I puked my guts out after like three times all over the recovery room and the heating pad.  It was humiliating.  I could feel my painful ovaries just knocking around things and into each other.  They said it would be painful because of the "manipulation" to get the eggs.  What???  They wouldn't give me any real drugs, so I took half a 7.5 Lortab, ironically from my ectopic a million years ago.  I also happened to have a really nice heating pad from that ectopic, which I swear I don't remember ordering, and it was unused.  Best thing ever!  I can't believe they didn't warn me I would need a heating pad.  Do people just have these lying around???  Half a Lortab did the trick, and then Tylenol took it down to just yucky crampy feeling of too big, raw ovaries.

Tuesday was still rough.  It hurt to sit, it hurt to stand, it hurt to lay down.  It really hurt to change from one to another.  I was at high risk for OHSS, as I expected, so I am supposed to have a high sodium, high protein diet.  I have been surviving on Gatorade, sunflower seeds, and protein shakes.  Really haven't been very hungry because I feel like crap.

Today, Thursday, I feel better.  I kind of have a waist now, so that's a good sign.  Swelling is way down.  If I sit still I feel OK.  I can't even imagine exercising or anything though.  I read someone ran four days post retrieval, and I can't even imagine that jostling.  Ouch.  I went to the grocery store, and even that walking was probably too much.

29 eggs harvested, 20 mature, 12 fertilized.  Right now, 2 are looking slow, and the rest are looking good enough to freeze/transfer!  On Saturday we are going to transfer two!
 I'm kind of in disbelief that everything is going well. It's been so long in my life that everything has gone to plan I don't even know what to do!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats! 29 is a lot of eggs! I had a lot of pain from just 18. I can't even imagine. The doctors never told me I'd have a lot of pain, they said I could go back to work the next day, well I couldn't even stand up right the next day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I don't know who that woman is who went back to work the next day. It was pretty hard to even fire off some emails from home.

      Delete
  2. Wow, well done!!! 29 is a huuuge amount of eggs!!! I really hope you'll feel better soon - I was feeling like crap after and IUI with 4 eggs (I feel like such a wuss now) 29 just blows my mind. Take it easy for as long as it takes. Sending growth vibes for your little embryos to develop beautifully over the coming days.xx

    ReplyDelete