Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Get What You Pay For

Doctor's office still hasn't called me back.  WTF.  Guess my request to book a scan and a shot was really cramping their day.  My bad.

This is the one of most expensive clinics in the area, maybe one of the most expensive in the whole world.  I only got into this clinic with a recommendation from a friend of a friend.  Many are from out of state, from overseas, and have come for their specialization.

The thing is, no one wants to feel like they're a cash machine, especially when it's your (theoretical) baby at stake.  My doctor is cold but educated, and I'm cool with that.  I'm not looking for a BFF.  I don't need anyone to hold my hand or have a cry with me or whatever.   When I was reading all of these reviews about a nurse who became a "friend" or a doctor calling with betas, I thought these bitches be crazy.  But now I think they might have been on to something.

It would be nice to be fucking called back, to be treated like I matter, like they care about my experience.  In my business, we call it customer service.  We call it how you would treat your mom.  (Hopefully my mom wouldn't be a fertility clinic, but you get the point.)  Really it's just human decency.

No comments:

Post a Comment