Monday, September 15, 2014

A Big Appointment and Second Opinions?

My big appointment with the doctor is a week from today.  A week from today we will be making decisions about IVF.

I feel like I have no idea what I am doing, there are too many choices, and I am just overwhelmed.  I did some research and my clinic is among the lowest in the state for IVF live births for women under 35, at about 35%.  The competing clinic is at about 60%.  That's a big difference.  There's another, much bigger clinic that is in the high 50%s.

The competing clinic is way closer to my house and I bet they answer the fucking phone and pay for your parking.  I am seriously thinking about booking a second opinion.  Like tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I would do that (if I had the choice, but as I'm still paddling in the NHS pool, I ain't got no choice). Seriously, it'll give you something to compare your current clinic with (I think sometimes even just getting a gut feeling of 'I trust these people' or vice versa can help. Providing that getting a second opinion isn't financially completely out of the question, of course..x

    ReplyDelete