Saturday, October 24, 2015

Forgotten Due Dates

My due date would have been October 21.  I made my in-laws a freaking frame with that date.  October 21.  Sperm donor didn't remember it.  He never remembered any of them.  The only one who did was G, probably because she's the only real world person who reads my blog haha.

I have three missed due dates now: January 20, August 11, and October 21.  I just need a late spring one and I'll have a whole quarterly dividend schedule of pain.  It took me a minute to remember the old ones.  That's a good thing.  But those dates will never leave me.

I was hurt that my in laws in particular didn't reach out to me.  I mean I never expected my mom to, but I really thought my in laws would.  Especially with how rough this has been with Hermione and all.  But nope.  Nothing.  Why would they give a shit about the dead grandbaby's due date when they have the first living grandbaby?

7 comments:

  1. hugs<3

    I only ever had one miscarriage, back in 2010. My due date was July 25th, 2011. It still stays with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. This is so tough. My one and only pregnancy was due on January 20th, too. I will never forget. Sending you virtual hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt that your in-laws don't care but, more than they're not sure if they should acknowledge it with you. They might worry that bringing it up would cause you pain not understanding that NOT bringing it up is bringing you pain.

    Three years after I delivered my stillborn son, a friend had the exact same thing happen to her and I wasn't sure what to say or what was okay to talk about because, what worked for me could have potentially set her healing back days/weeks/months for all I knew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I wish that I (and she) were given enough respect to say "I don't want to talk about it." Saying nothing just says I don't give a shit. Of course, after my first loss, when all of this was new, I think I would have said the opposite. So maybe you can't win.

      Delete
  4. I don't think I will ever forget any of my due dates. My husband doesn't remember them. Not sure anyone else but me remembers them. They are burned in my brain.

    ReplyDelete