Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Family Wedding

This weekend was a family wedding.  My husband's family is huge and gossipy.  Everyone there was either pregnant, had two kids under two, or both.

Mercifully, I only got one question about my surely imminent pregnancy.  Bittersweet.  The fact that no one asked me leads me to think that maybe the word of sad, to be pitied, (did you hear?) situation has been spread.

A few months ago, I vaguely told one of the more gossipy members with the promise that she would keep it secret.  I couldn't deal with the questions anymore, and the only way to keep any privacy was to completely lose all my privacy.  So, now I guess the whole family knows my shame.  Maybe they were gossiping about it all night.  I'm not sure.  But at least they weren't asking me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment