Monday, December 21, 2015

Insurance Battle

The insurance appeal has gone to hell.  I'm in some weird overlap of Obamacare and the state regs, and I'm just being punked at this point.  The bill was way lower than I expected, only 9K for the doctor part!, but I'm pissed now.  I think I'm going to have to sue them.

So as I was gathering up all my documents and receipts, my god that appeal was sent in August?, I just felt so ANGRY.  That everyone else just has some wine and Netflix and gets their baby, and I am going to be freaking suing an insurance company for Christmas.  It's not fair.  It's all not fair.

Last night, I saw where I had hung the Christmas lights.  I put up the hooks last year when I was PUPO, just barely out of reach.  Why did I get on a step stool and go out in the cold when I was PUPO?  Why did I have that tea?  Why did I use the scented shampoo?  It's all my fault.

I was very naive for thinking a health insurance plan that said it would cover infertility actually would.  This process has brutally taken my naivete in many ways.  I wouldn't wish an insurance battle on anyone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. Very frustrating indeed and not what you need or want to think about during the holidays. It's already stressful enough for those of us in this battle without this added annoyance.
    And, I just have to say - IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT. I truly believe that.

    ReplyDelete